October 13, 2009

Lavender Beauty



here's an ee cummings work. i remember my friend jen who gave me a cassette tape of then Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. jen is now a practicing doctor in poland. we continued keeping in touch with each other after high school. she continued sending me cards. but it ceased when she took a breather from PGH's Intarmed program to go back home and be with her mom. i lost tabs with her for awhile. then i heard from a common friend that she is already in poland and pursued her medical degree there (c/o the opus dei family). way to go, friend! you sure have been a strong and deeply good Christian eversince i've known you. and will continue to be an inspiration to me. you will always be the person i'd remember who loves lavender very much.

Happy birthday, Jen!


The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made the difference.

====================================


Ever the rebel, I stake no claim to greatness or high ambition. I just wanna be different.


No comments: