January 20, 2007

A New Year



Another year has passed. The year of the fire pig is here. And I'll soon be adding another to my year in a few weeks time, as well. Strangely though, I do not feel so sad about it. I mean, there was a time when I just stopped counting my age. Plenty were the birthday cakes and birthday candles and birthday wishes that have gone by. And as the years passed, I have started to feel a certain semblance of calm in just being. Something that I can only describe as a feeling of peaceable joy. And not without gratitude, mind you. Now, I value more the faces around me when I blow that candle and whisper that wish, then silently send up a prayer to Him above.

I do thank the Lord for another year - another year to learn more, another year to laugh more, another year to love more, another year to just be.

Thank You.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

hey there! glad to read ur update. :-D