August 26, 2011

Need to Heal

Have you heard the story about a big truck getting stuck under a low overhead bridge? Nobody knows what to do until the town fool suggests that they let the air out of the tyres. This done, the truck which is now a couple inches lower, grazes through. See what a little bit of deflation can do? This teaches us a lesson on humility. And we can never be too high or too mighty for the Lord.


Prayer for Inner Healing

Speak clearly, Lord, into my heart.
In the past, I had been busy with life
and I forgot what it meant to really live.
In the midst of my pains and difficulties,
allow me to know you
so that I may understand
what living for you is all about.

I am weak, Lord, and helpless without you.
I surrender to you, Lord,
all my fears and my burdens.
I will focus on your truth
that you will be with me always.
I will never understand your ways
but I know that you have
a purpose for me.

Lord, as I continue this prayer,
gently touch me with your healing hands.
You are the Divine Healer
and the greatest physician of all.
I believe in my heart
that nothing is impossible to you.
Heal my innermost being,
my spirit and my soul.

I know, Lord, that there is an end
to my loneliness and sickness
because you died on the cross
and rose from the dead.
From now on I just want to live
with a loving heart
and not with a grumbling heart,
from now on, Lord,
I just want to live with a faithful heart
and not with a fearful heart.
In the mighty name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: