February 02, 2012

Colors

Grey… were the clouds

that hovered across the sky

yesterday

while rains pummelled

on the window panes

midst the cream-washed walls

of this shell

encasing me;

and brown were the pitter-patters

of little feet

outside

gently enveloping me

in a daze

of blue and pink and yellow

swirls

to match

magenta tinge of lilacs

serenading reds and blacks

and stronger hues

of golden daffodils

like soft kisses

of brilliant

fuchshia-winged butterflies

caressing me

with the sweet minty smell

of a baby’s rosy breath

and orange chuckle

to touch the verdant grass

which seem so far

out of my grasp

today.

I wait then

for when

I can taste

and hear and feel

and smell

tomorrow’s

pot of gold

or silver

or platinum

around the bend

where lies

the rainbow’s end.

No comments: