November 20, 2008

Learning to be a Jill-of-All-Trades

Life truly isn’t a bed of roses. Life doesn’t hand you everything you want on a silver platter- not even a wooden one. You have to work on getting them for yourself. So you really have to arm yourself with the right tools of the trade.

I beg your pardon.. did I say trade? Uh-uh.. Well, first things first. You have to be in the right trade in the first place. Coz if you’re at the wrong place or trade or business to begin with, how else can things follow?


It's been some time now that I've been thinking about being in the wrong trade. But as the days wore on, I'm learning some new things. Never in my imagination did it occur to me that I'll ever be near a publications company. I know nowhere anything about fashion, movie reviews, society gigs or least of all, automobiles!!! But then, as they say and now I learn, there's always a first time for everything. And opportunities for learning new things don't just drop on your lap very often. So perhaps this is a new challenge for me.

No comments: